Kevin's Tennis Bio

Hello, my name is Kevin Kauffman, and I have been playing tennis since 1987. I saw Wimbledon that year (watched on tv), Chris Evert and Stefan Edberg's matches caught my interest and my love of tennis began. Although I only took one private lesson before my 20s and a few group lessons. I could play enough to do pretty well. In my 20s thru 30s, I was able to get some fantastic coaching from a few coaches, which contributed to me winning a lot more tournaments and USTA league matches! Harold Jurgensen was the one coach, out of a few outstanding tennis instructors I met, who remains my coach to this day: really the only instructor who I have declared "is my tennis coach." I started teaching tennis in my early 20s. Since my first teaching job I have continued to teach when situations arise. Now teaching is more about finding the right mutual fit with the customer (s) where learning is done by me leading in a mutual, cooperative teaching structure.


Here are some highlights:

Winning over thirty tennis tournaments (from 4.0 up to low Open level) in singles, mixed doubles, and doubles

Winning Balboa Spring Championships in Men's Singles 5.0 plus level, Winning San Diego Metro Championships in Mixed Doubles 5.0 plus level.


Making it to Nationals USTA 4.5 Team Finals in Florida: winning all my singles matches (in straight sets) in Florida and getting bumped up to 5.0 by the judges there.


Won high school district doubles and qualified for state in the primary division. It was the central division. I think either 4A or 5A back then.


I have taught tennis too, including (these are just a few of highlights):

1. USTA Summer Parks and Recreation Director 

2. USTA Summer Parks and Recreation Teaching Pro

3. A city tennis instructor for their parks and recreation 

4. Tennis instructor at multiple public and private tennis clubs 

5. Independent tennis instructor for various tennis organizations


Feel free to contact me for specifics on where I instructed tennis.

I cannot recall all the tournaments I won or matches played, who played. Ok, I probably recall most of the losses, but not all. For some reason, the losses stand OUT much more in my memory than the wins. Yet I have some photos of the trophies and awards: over thirty! :)


Education

J.D., Thomas Jefferson School of Law, 2009. I wrote a thesis paper over IX as part of the degree requirements.

B.S. Southern Oregon University, 2004


If you have made it this far and are interested to learn more, SEE 


https://mytennislessons.com/profile/kevin-k-2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GOATladies+

Forehand Groundstroke

The tournament before BNP Paribas 2009 in Indian Wells